Mittwoch, 28. November 2007

Dear Denise!
Yesterday I went to an art exhibition. One painting fascinated me. The title of the painting is "the problem we all live with". In the centre you can see a little black girl with a school bag and a ruler in her hand. Two white police men are walking before her. On their arms you can read the words "Deputy US Marshall." On the right side, behind the little girl there are two more police men, which are also white. On the wall in the lower right corner is a smashed tomato. In huge letters you can also read "NIGGER" in the background. I would say that black coloured people are not very liked in this town. The black girl is wearing a white dress, while the white men are wearing black and grey. Maybe the painter is infends to covery the idea, that the blacks are not save. Another ponit is that the girl has to go to school with four "bodyguards", because I think it's too dangerous for her to walk alone.
I felt sad. It's also conspicious that the police men are also a little bit brown coloured. Nobody is guilty to be black or white, poor or rich. It's the character what is important! What do you think about it? You really have to go to this exhibition too!
Yours
Sarah


For me, art is something special. The picture or sculpture has to declare something. I have to feel emotions, when I watch a painting for example. This picture or photo is not art in my eyes. The picture covers nothing and it is definite no eye catcher! In my opinion it's nothing in particular and I can't feel any emotions, while watching it. What should it express? The only good aspect is that the landscape in the background is blurred and you can concentrate on the woman in the garden. I cannot unterstand what the artist is trying to covery here? On On the one hand, if the picture were painted it would be an astonishing performance, as it lools very realistic, but on the other hand it's only a photo and much more people are able to make such a photo. This are the reasons why I say it's no art.

Keine Kommentare: